Web 3.0 :
Web 3.0 explained: how it will transform businesses in 2023The internet has undergone tremendous transformation since its inception, from the dot com to the release of social platforms like Facebook. Now, we are on the threshold of a technological revolution. But what does this new paradigm mean for businesses? This blog will delineate the evolution, features, and benefits of Web 3.0 and current business models;
Web 3.0 explained: Evolution of the WebI would like to take you back in time to the early days of the web. Web 1.0, where users could access data anywhere worldwide through static web pages served from servers’ file systems. Unfortunately, Web 1.0 lacked functionality for interacting with content. Therefore, Web 2.0 became prominent, the second generation of the Internet. It focuses on enabling users’ interactions with content on the web. It has made the growth of user-generated content possible, as well as interoperability and usability for end users. Furthermore, Web 2.0 does not modify technical specifications. Instead, it aims to change the design of web pages and their usage. Moreover, Web 2.0 platforms such as social media and peer-to-peer exchanges facilitated the exchange of goods between users, which increased eCommerce sales. It’s time for a change. Web 3.0, or the semantic web, is an improvement over Web 2.0 with significant transformations in terms of infrastructure and metadata! The metadata system is a way to structure and organize all data types that humans and machines can read. One of the main advantages associated with Web 3.0, it builds upon many Web 2.0 features but takes them to new heights! Web 3.0 has no central authority, making all forms of information universally accessible as it is open-source.
Features of Web 3.0Let’s list all the features of Web3 below:
1. Semantic webThe semantic web is a data structure that allows computers to understand human language. The goal of the semantic web is to make data more easily accessible, which will increase sales and provide opportunities for machine learning and AI. Web 3.0 can support semantic computing. To find, share and analyze information online, humans must understand the meaning and communication of words.
2. Artificial intelligenceArtificial Intelligence can process information similarly to humans. AI platforms can better satisfy user needs through continuous learning. Using artificial intelligence, Web 3.0 offers faster results and real-time insights into customer behavior, which has changed how businesses interact with customers.
3. 3D CapabilitiesWeb 3.0 enables users to take advantage of three-dimensional visuals and graphics. In addition. web 3.0 designers already use three-dimensional design for many applications, including computer games, e-commerce sites, and mapping programs.
4. UbiquitousIn a decentralized Web 3.0 environment, content is accessible by multiple applications on all devices, and the associated services are available everywhere.
5. Enhanced securityYou can also find enhanced security and privacy in Web 3.0.
Read More: What is Web3? How Does It Represent the Future of the Internet?